Monday 5 November 2012

Me

I'm a student studying Graphic Design at UEL and living in London for over 9 years. I've been trying to push myself through architecture in recent years, but realized that it's really something that i don't fancy a lot as I'm a person who likes art and drawing rather than scaling and counting. Even though architecture has it's bits, it did not satisfy me completely. Otherwise Graphic Design allows more freedom with my hand. I like drawing something that comes out of creativity towards a particular goal no matter what is used; colors, pencils, pastels, brushes or charcoal. These are also probably the main instruments i use in my works probably because i never really had a realistic opportunity to be more experimental with other mediums like glass, metal or stone even though i have to say, in architecture i used to work with wood, but they were more works for usefulness (like swings, chairs) rather than art.

I used to study fine art where i really enjoyed making random abstract and environmental pieces. This is something that I enjoy a lot instead of having self portraits or other anatomic pieces painted on large canvases. Saying that, I never enjoyed Renaissance movement. Instead it's always been Abstract and Surrealistic more modern work work with the likes of Max Ernst, Marcel Duchamp, Salvador Dali or André Masson because it's the sort of art where it just cant get boring with various unidentified swirls and shapes and movements. It's just every time you come up to these sort of works, you can always see something different, it's never the same. There is always this bit of painting which will look or remind you of something different depending on your mood or knew knowledge you might find around the world. Also adding to the list of art I like would be Landscape paintings from Impressionism or post-impressionism movements with artists like Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro or even John Constable which was a Romanticism painter. The landscape's allows me to get lost in them, always making me to find features in them that would allow me to imagine myself standing in a forest or next to mountain and taking in everything that the environment has to offer.

Anyway, going back to Graphic Design, one of the main reasons why i chose to study it is that it allows me to be creative and to use whatever i like to achieve the goal. With fine art the problem is that it's very hard to get a career after getting a degree in it. And Graphic Design is as interesting because you get to do something different like photography, typography, video making as well as working with digital equipment to produce digital art. And it will always allow you to go back to the basics of drawing on a sheet which i enjoy the most. Hopefully i can learn even more from studying this subject, get myself a degree and enjoy my life doing what i like doing the most - drawing

 Exotic Environment
mixed media on paper
A1 sheet, 2008

 Alleyway
charcoal on paper
A2 sheet, 2011
Abstract
Mixed media on paper
A1 sheet, 2008
 Untitled
watercolor with pastels on paper
A4 sheet, 2008


Untitled
Oil pastels on paper
A4 sheet, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment